It has the most heartwarming story behind it, too.
Aura is a lounge and restaurant that just opened on Queen Street East. Brought to life by brothers Andy and Arda Akin, the venue has an inspiring story behind it.
The Akins, who grew up in Turkey, always dreamed of opening a restaurant business in Canada. Once they had finally saved enough to do so, the pandemic hit, but they didn't let that hold them back.
"Our parents have always said to us that there will be defining moments in life where you can choose to take a risk or let your aspirations slip by," Arda said in a press release. The brothers didn't have the funds for renovations, so they transformed the entire space themselves with the help of friends.
Aura is inspired by the 1940s with a modern twist. You'll find a glowing, candlelit room with a cozy atmosphere as you step inside.
The year-round patio is described as a "mythical forest" and features a whimsical mural, heaters, and a canopy of vines.
The menu boasts craft cocktails and global cuisine with a focus on appetizers to pair with your drinks.
Address: 686 Queen St. E., Toronto, ON
Why You Need To Go: Enjoy a meal in an enchanting patio oasis at this new spot.
In Ontario, a vaccine passport is required to access some events, services and businesses, including restaurants and bars.
- Found Coffee Is A Stunning Toronto Cafe With A Heart-Warming ... ›
- Pink Sky Has Transformed An Iconic Toronto Bar Into A Seafood ... ›
- 8 New Toronto Restaurants That You'll Definitely Want To Dine At ... ›
- This Restaurant Near Toronto Has A Glowing Dome Village & It's A Magical Place To Dine - Narcity ›
- 7 Heated Patios In Toronto Where You Can Enjoy A Cozy Meal Outdoors - Narcity ›