Research has found that many Canadian companies are "likely" to implement a shorter workweek.👇
New research has found that around 50% of small, medium and large companies would consider implementing a four-day workweek in Canada.
Research from global employment agency Indeed found that 41% of Canadian employers are considering alternative hybrid schedules and new work styles, following the COVID-19 pandemic.
Indeed's survey of 1,000 employers of office workers in Canada found that 51% of large companies with 500+ employees would be "likely to implement 4-day work weeks."
Comparatively, 63% of medium-sized organizations with 100-500 staff members say they'd be prepared to implement a shorter workweek.
Per the research, smaller businesses with under 100 employees were less likely to bring about a four-day workweek, although 46% still said they would.
It comes as towns and companies across Canada are testing three-day weekends, with the council of Guysborough in Nova Scotia describing it as "good-good all around."
Iceland also recently tested it out, calling it "an overwhelming success" with improvements in both work-life balance and employee wellbeing.
- 4-Day Workweek In Canada Has These Pros & Cons, Expert Says ... ›
- US Congressman Introduced Legislation For A 4-Day Workweek ... ›
- 4-Day Workweek Is Being Tested All Over Canada & Here's How It's ... ›
- A 4-Day Workweek Was Tested By This Canadian Company & The Boss Says She’d ‘Never’ Go Back - Narcity ›
- The Ontario Liberals Just Proposed A 4-Day Workweek Pilot If They Get Elected In 2022 ›