He's the first Canadian man to get a medal in the Tokyo Olympics!🥇
The 26-year-old — who's from Toronto — beat his personal best time, completing the race in just 9.89 seconds.
Despite the impressive time, De Grasse wasn't able to catch up with Italy's competitor Marcell Jacobs and America's Fred Kerley, who took the gold and silver medals respectively.
This is the second Olympic Games in a row that he's won bronze in this event, as he came third back in 2016 at the Rio Games, too.
De Grasse is the first male athlete from Team Canada to win a medal in these games. Until now, all of the podium champions had been women.
Sunday was a great day for Canada's competitors, as 21-year-old swimmer Penny Oleksiak became Canada's most decorated Olympian ever after winning bronze in the women's 4x100 metre medley relay swimming event.
- Athletes At The Olympics Are Being Given Condoms & Warned Not ... ›
- Here's A List Of Team Canada's Olympic Medals So Far - Narcity ›
- How To Watch Olympics 2021 In Canada With Or Without Cable ... ›
- Andre De Grasse Won Gold In 200m & He Was Faster Than Bolt - Narcity ›
- Andre De Grasse Just Won Gold & Ontario Is Losing It Right Now - Narcity ›