"Trust me at the top it isn't lonely."🏅
Penny Oleksiak became Canada's most decorated Olympian of all time on Sunday, when she won her seventh Olympic medal in the women's 4x100 metre medley relay swimming event.
The 21-year-old Torontonian picked up a bronze medal for the race, alongside teammates Kylie Masse, Maggie Mac Neil and Sydney Pickrem.
The group also set a Canadian record for the event, touching in 3:52.60.
After picking up the bronze on Sunday, Oleksiak became the most decorated Olympian in Canadian history, surpassing speed skater Cindy Klassen and speed skater-cyclist Clara Hughes who both have six medals.
Taking to social media after the event, she wrote "Trust me at the top it isn't lonely," which are lyrics from the Meek Mill and Drake song "Going Bad."
On Instagram, she reposted a story from the Team Canada account, referencing an update to her bio. Oleksiak added the comment, "history."
At Rio in 2016, she won 100-freestyle gold, 100-butterfly silver and anchored Canada to two freestyle relay bronze medals. In Tokyo, she picked up two more relay medals and the 200 free bronze, taking her total count to seven.
- Athletes At The Olympics Are Being Given Condoms & Warned Not ... ›
- Here's A List Of Team Canada's Olympic Medals So Far - Narcity ›
- How To Watch Olympics 2021 In Canada With Or Without Cable ... ›
- Penny Oleksiak nargue son prof qui lui disait d'arrêter la nage - Narcity ›
- 160K Condoms Are Being Dished Out To Olympic Athletes & They've Been Asked Not To Use Them - Narcity ›
- Penny Oleksiak Shared A 'Big Life Update' & The Drake Song She's Listening To As She Recovers - Narcity ›