It's open and operating normally again now, though.🎢
Guests on The Bat roller coaster train at Canada's Wonderland were riding for longer than they might have expected this week, after the ride stopped for 40 minutes during the first lift with visitors onboard.
On Thursday, August 19, at approximately 12:40 p.m. the roller coaster came to an unexpected stop with riders on board. Canada's Wonderland explained to Narcity that the park maintenance team inspected the issue, before returning the ride to its station.
Official POV - The Bat - Canada's Wonderlandwww.youtube.com
A spokesperson confirmed that it took 40 minutes for the people onboard to be unloaded from The Bat, although no injuries were reported. Fortunately for thrill-seekers, the ride is now open and operating as usual.
Earlier this summer, the venue reassured visitors that there are a couple of reasons why rides unexpectedly stop and they're not as scary as you might think.
*This article's cover image is for illustrative purposes only.
- Canada's Wonderland Is Updating People On Ride Safety After Viral ... ›
- Canada's Wonderland Has Had Plenty Of Ups & Downs This Year ... ›
- A Ride Got Stuck At Canada's Wonderland & The Footage Will Make ... ›
- Someone At Canada's Wonderland Is Secretly Trolling Visitors & Here's How - Narcity ›
- Canada's Wonderland Employees Were Hit By A Guest Who Has Since Been Arrested - Narcity ›
- A Ride Got Stuck At Canada's Wonderland Over The Weekend & Here's What Went Down (VIDEO) - Narcity ›