Naturally, there's a TikTok video of the ordeal.
Is it really surprising that people are flocking to Canada's Wonderland this year? After all, most GTA summer activities were banned in 2020 due to the pandemic, so why not get your thrills there? I mean, apart from the whole malfunctioning rides thing.
A TikTok video was shared on Thursday, July 22, that showed Skyhawk, a ride at the amusement park that maneuvers people through 360-degree turns at 135 feet in the air, frozen in midair leaving its passengers dangling.
We were about to get on the ride then this happened... #canadaswonderland #fy #foryoupage
The incident, which occurred around 3:48 p.m., reportedly went on for several minutes before being resolved by the park's maintenance staff.
"The guests were returned to the ground safely. The ride is open and operating normally," Grace Peacock, director of communications at Canada's Wonderland, told Narcity.
"Safety is our primary concern and our rides are inspected and tested daily. Canada's Wonderland provides more than 26 million rides each year. Each of our rides is licensed by the Technical Standards and Safety Authority and are inspected by the TSSA every year," they added.
- Canada's Wonderland Visitors Describe Delays & Long Waits On ... ›
- A Ride Got Stuck At Canada's Wonderland & The Footage Will Make ... ›
- Canada's Wonderland Is Open To The Public & Here's What It Looks ... ›
- Canada's Wonderland Has Had Plenty Of Ups & Downs This Year (VIDEOS) - Narcity ›
- Canada's Wonderland Is Updating People On Ride Safety After Viral Videos - Narcity ›