The climate activist isn't celebrating Canada's record-breaking heat. 🥵
Swedish climate activist Greta Thunberg has made her opinion on Canada's record-breaking high temperatures pretty clear!
"Highest temperature ever recorded in the planet north of 50N latitude also shattered (44.4C from July 1941)" -… https://t.co/fHnJGpt0Zm— Greta Thunberg (@Greta Thunberg) 1624867344.0
"Highest temperature ever recorded in the planet north of 50N latitude also shattered (44.4C from July 1941)," Thunberg wrote, responding to the news that Canada recorded sweltering temperatures of 46.6 C.
She went on to say that heat records are usually broken by decimal points "like a tenth of a degree," and particularly not in months like June.
"This heat-wave is just getting started," the activist said, before adding the hashtag "#FaceTheClimateEmergency."
On June 27, in the middle of a "heat dome" across western Canada, a village in B.C. reached a sizzling 46.6 C (116 F).
This broke Canada's all-time heat record of 45.0 C (113 F), which was set in Saskatchewan in 1937.
- Greta Thunberg Turned 18 & Had The Best Jokes About Her Plans ... ›
- Greta Thunberg Slammed World Leaders At The G7 Summit ... ›
- Greta Thunberg Totally Roasted Trump As He Left The White House ... ›
- Heat Wave In Canada Is Related To ‘Unprecedented Casualties’ - Narcity ›
- The Heatwave Has One BC Place Breaking Canadian Temperature Records Daily - Narcity ›
- Heatwave In Canada: Western Canada Is About To Get Rocked With More Extreme Heat - Narcity ›