The $70M jackpot is still up for grabs in Canada right now.
The string of record-breaking prizes has made headlines around the country, and many people will no doubt be itching to get their hands on the jackpot. But when it comes to buying a ticket, how should Canadians play in order to win $70 million or more?
Will somebody ever win this money? https://t.co/L9huLvuMWn— Narcity Canada (@Narcity Canada) 1624108563.0
The $70 million jackpot has been won six times in the two years it's been around — four in Ontario and two in Quebec — and if their wins tell us anything, it's that free play and quick play tickets are the way to go.
Of the four winning Ontario tickets, two were quick plays and the other two were bought with free-play winnings. Most winners were regular lottery players, too — Brampton's Adlin Lewis had been playing the lottery for 20 years before he won and ex-colleagues Donna Williamson and David Overall had been playing together for over a decade when they finally struck big.
However, there is still hope for people who don't regularly play the odds. One lottery winner in April 2020 was an "occasional" lottery ticket buyer, who only played when big numbers were up for grabs. And in November 2020, a woman in Montreal won the $70 million jackpot with the first lottery ticket she'd ever bought.
- Lotto Max Winning Tickets Were All Over Ontario - Narcity ›
- A $70 Million Lotto Max Win For Two Toronto-Area Friends Came ... ›
- Lotto Max Jackpot Of $70 Million Is Going To Be Shared By A Family ... ›
- Lotto Max Winner For The $70M June 22 Draw Is Shared Between 2 Tickets - Narcity ›
- Lotto Max Winner For $44M June 20 Draw Is In Ontario - Narcity ›