Hundreds Of People Partied In The Streets Of Kingston Over The Weekend (VIDEO)
People were seen shooting off fireworks and chilling on rooftops.
Hundreds took to the streets of Kingston on Saturday night for a party that was roughly 12 times the size of outdoor gatherings legally allowed in Ontario right now.
Kingston Police Constable Ash Gutheinz told Narcity that officers were called to Aberdeen Street at around 2:40 a.m. on Sunday, July 5 to break up a large party consisting "predominantly of post-secondary student age, in apparent contravention of public health COVID-19 rules."
Massive street party on Aberdeen Street with hundreds of university students from multiple institutions in attendance.\n\nFireworks, people on roofs, glass flying, & @KingstonPolice say they don't have the officers to handle the large crowd\n#ygk #Kingston #Party @queensu @CKWS_TVpic.twitter.com/YEjDGHNO03— Dominic Christian Owens (@Dominic Christian Owens) 1625380591
"Uniform patrol, whose priority was public safety, responded and was able to disperse the crowd in the early morning hours of July 4," said Gutheinz.
A clip posted by videographer Dominic Christian Ownes shows the crowd jumping and singing in unison, shooting fireworks, and even standing on the roof of a home.
Police said that an investigation into the matter remains ongoing. Footage of the event is being reviewed by authorities "to determine if organizers and participants can be identified and potentially charged under existing COVID-19 legislation and applicable criminal offences."
- A Kingston House Party Just Started A COVID-19 Outbreak - Narcity ›
- Police Are Ready To Fine Queen's Students If They Gather At ... ›
- Breakwater Park In Kingston Now Has Its Beach Off Limits Because ... ›
- Police Broke Up A Rager Near Queen's University After 2,000 People Showed Up (VIDEO) - Narcity ›
- Guelph's Homecoming Weekend Sent 7 People To The Hospital & A Firework Shot Into The Crowd - Narcity ›