This Charming Seaside Town In North Carolina Is A Hidden Gem & Celebrity Hot Spot (PHOTOS)
It is known as "America's Happiest Seaside Town."
Southport, NC is a charming coastal town known for its waterfront restaurants and adorable seaside shops. This hidden gem is one of the state's best-kept secrets.
The city's picturesque landscape makes it a popular filming location and the desired destination for celebrity A-listers that pass through while shooting.
The coastal town is full of all the quaint charm you could wish to find, including cute cottages, colorful signs, and restaurants where you can enjoy seafood right on the water.
The vibrant decor and overall relaxed vibe has earned Southport the title of " America's Happiest Seaside Town ," according to Coastal Living Magazine.
You can spend some time visiting the Olde Southport Village Shops and pick out a gift to bring home as a memory of your trip.
There are plenty of outdoor activities to keep you occupied, like paddle boarding, fishing, or taking a ride on the Southport-Fort Fisher Ferry.
You can enjoy your favorite comfort foods right on the water. In Southport, meals are best enjoyed with ocean views.
You can't miss a sunset walk along the pier, lined with scenic views and local businesses.
You can even take yourself on a self-guided walking tour through popular filming locations across town.
Recently, Joseph Gordon Levitt and his costar Lily James were seen around town while filming the movie, The Problem With Providence.
Southport has served as the backdrop for other well-liked movies such as A Walk To Remember , I Know What You Did Last Summer , The Secret Life of Bees , and Nicholas Spark's Safe Haven.
Before you get going, check out our
Responsible Travel Guide
so you can be informed, be safe, be smart, and most of all, be respectful on your adventure.
This article has been updated since it was originally published on May 23, 2022.
- You Can Find So Many Colorful Crystals At This North Carolina Dig Site & Mining Costs $25 ›
- Netflix’s 'Outer Banks' Wasn’t Even Filmed In North Carolina & Here’s Why They Opted Out ›
- This Small Charming Beach Town In Florida Is So Unlike Anywhere ... ›
- This North Carolina Restaurant Was Voted Best For Dates & It Feels Like Visiting Europe - Narcity ›
- All 50 US States Were Ranked From Happiest To Saddest & West Virginia Is Looking Depressed - Narcity ›
- You Can Wake Up & Cruise With Dolphins For Cheap On One Of South Carolina’s Prettiest Islands - Narcity ›
- Things Only People From North Carolina Will Understand - Narcity ›
- This Airbnb In North Carolina Is Like A Magical Hobbit House & Can Cost As Little As $95/Person - Narcity ›
- You Can Buy This Cozy Cottage On The North Carolina Coast For Under $200K - Narcity ›
- 8 Cheap Lakefront Cabins In North Carolina With Stunning Views To Rent With Your Besties - Narcity ›
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt Is Filming In North Carolina Right Now At This Charming Beach Town - Narcity ›
- This Charming Coastal Beach Town In Georgia Is A Secret Celebrity Retreat - Narcity ›
- Freya, A Teenage Great White Shark, Loves To Lurk The North Carolina Shoreline - Narcity ›
- You Can Rent This Lakefront Cabin In North Carolina With A Thrilling 75-Foot Water Slide - Narcity ›
- This Dreamy Beach In North Carolina Is The Perfect Spot For Seashell Hunting & Stargazing - Narcity ›
- This Charming Waterfront Town In Florida Is A Haunted Hidden Gem With Ghost Tours - Narcity ›