Here's How This Summer Will Be Different From Last According To The Canadian Government
It's likely that "hidden chains of transmission" happened last year.
According to Dr. Theresa Tam, summer 2021 in Canada won't be the same as the season was last year. In a press conference on May 14, Tam said that people who have received even just one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine should be "more confident" that they're better protected because of it.
"What the difference is between this summer and the previous one is that we stand a much better chance at having an outdoor summer that doesn't lead to a resurgence in an indoor fall," she said.
The country's top doctor also noted it was "very likely" that there were "hidden chains of transmission" throughout the summer last year which led to a resurgence of COVID-19 cases in the fall.
On May 14, the Public Health Agency of Canada released a blueprint for life after vaccination across the country and it includes a list of things you can do in the summer and fall including camping, indoor sports and family gatherings.
- Summer Forecast For 2021 In Canada Calls For "Sizzling" Heat ... ›
- Summer 2021 In Canada Can Be Normal If Two Things Happen ... ›
- Ontario Summer 2021 Is Set To Be 'More Open' Than Last Year, Say ... ›
- Canada’s Summer 2021 Forecast Says It’s Going To Be Gorgeous - Narcity ›
- Ontario Summer 2021: This Is What It Could Look Like - Narcity ›