Ontario Has One Of The Darkest Stargazing Spots On Earth & The Views Are Pure Magic
The pitch-black skies boast incredible views of stars and the northern lights.
You can gaze into an endless sky of stars at Ontario's Lake Superior Provincial Park Dark Sky Preserve.
The remote area is basically free of light pollution, making it one of the darkest dark-sky preserves in all of Canada, and also one of the darkest on Earth.
This means that you can see incredible, undisturbed views of the night sky twinkling over the lake.
The latitude and pitch-blackness of the park also make it one of the best spots to see the northern lights along Canada's southern border.
During the summer months, the best stargazing might not begin until 11 p.m. or later, but the shorter days during spring, summer, and fall are good opportunities to view the sky and northern lights.
Lake Superior Provincial Park
Price: Prices vary
Address: 96 Broadway Ave., Wawa, ON
Why You Need To Go: Enjoy some incredible views of the night sky at this park, which is one of the darkest dark-sky preserves in the world.
Before you get going, check out our Responsible Travel Guide so you can be informed, be safe, be smart, and most of all, be respectful on your adventure.
- Ontario's Stargazing Spots Will Bring You Majestic Views Of The ... ›
- Ontario's Torrance Barrens Preserve Is The Most Magical Spot To ... ›
- Ontario Dark Sky Park Is A Magical New Spot For Stargazing - Narcity ›
- One Of The World's Favourite Stargazing Spots Is In A Dreamy Canadian National Park - Narcity ›
- 7 Dark Sky Preserves At Canada's National Parks That Are Perfect For Stargazing ›
- This Ontario Park Is Hosting A Magical Stargazing Event & You Can Watch A Meteor Shower - Narcity ›