They "were found laying on the road as EMS arrived on the scene" yesterday, police said.
Two people on a motorcycle have been transported to the hospital after a collision on Victoria Day. They were headed toward Fort Erie on the QEW and were in the Sodom Road area at around 5:00 p.m. when the accident occurred.
The OPP Highway Safety Division tweeted that the motorcyclists were "ejected" from the motorcycle after "they lost control as the rear tire began to disintegrate," said Sgt. Kerry Schmidt on Twitter.
Motorcycle collision on the #QEW Fort Erie bound past Sodom Rd. Two people to hospital with serious injuries. QEW is closed at Sodom Rd for the investigation.pic.twitter.com/biiPkaFjBK— OPP Highway Safety Division (@OPP Highway Safety Division) 1621893511
The two injured motorcyclists were found lying on the side of the highway when EMS arrived and were then airlifted to a trauma center, said Schmidt. The severity of their injuries has not been disclosed at this point in time.
The OPP's collision reconstruction team started their investigation on Monday evening and authorities have two eyewitnesses to help them piece together what happened.
Southbound lanes of the QEW were closed in the area at the time, however, they have since reopened, according to an update from the Ministry of Transportation.
- Transport Truck On QEW Was Spotted Driving Down The Wrong ... ›
- QEW Traffic Jam Was Caused By A Massive Truck Fire This Morning ... ›
- QEW Accident Leaves Driver Dead After Road Sign ... - Toronto ›
- The QEW Is Shutdown After A Truck Caught On Fire Early This Morning - Narcity ›
- QEW Crash Has Shut Down Parts Of The Highway For The Morning After 1 Person Dies - Narcity ›
- Off-Duty OPP Cop Saved 2 People After Car Went Into A Creek & Their Heads Were Underwater - Narcity ›