99 steps to the top! 🍂
Skip leg day at the gym. This fall hike near Toronto not only provides a great workout but will take you through a breathtaking golden forest.
One hour from Toronto, Thornton Bales Conservation Area has a trail nicknamed The 99 Steps that you'll want to see for yourself.
Here you'll climb exactly 99 steps up to a panoramic lookout over the woodland bursting with fall hues of bright yellow to warm amber.
Along the way, you'll want to stop and soak in the views of the forest that white-tailed deer and woodpeckers call home.
Are you up for the challenge to reach the top? If so, the walking path is open daily between dawn and dusk.
Thornton Bales Conservation Area
Address: 1260 19th Sideroad, King City, ON
Why You Need To Go: You can enjoy some dazzling natural beauty as you defeat this hike with a massive change in vertical elevation.
Before you get going, check our Responsible Travel Guide so you can be informed, be safe, be smart, and most of all, be respectful on your adventure.
- Ontario's Beginner Fall Hikes Will Lead You To All The Views - Narcity ›
- 11 Hikes In Ontario That Will Make You Want To Get Outside As ... ›
- Fall Colours In Ontario That You Need To See At Least Once In Your ... ›
- St. Johns Conservation Area Is A Stunning Fall Hike Near Toronto - Narcity ›
- This Gatineau Park Trail Near Ottawa Takes You To A Breathtaking Fall Paradise - Narcity ›