A third suspect is also wanted for second degree murder.
This article contains graphic content that might not be suitable for some readers.
Toronto police have arrested two men and issued an arrest warrant for a third person after the body of a 41-year-old woman was found in a suitcase last week in the Keele Street and Hillary Avenue area.
On August 25 at 10:43 a.m. police responded to a call reporting a "suspicious incident" in the area, Toronto Police confirmed in a news release Sunday.
According to the release, officers located the body of a deceased woman in a suitcase in the area, and the Homicide Squad took over the investigation. Police identified the woman as Varsha Gajula from Caledon.
41-year-old Varsha Gajula was found deceased in a suitcase.Toronto Police Services
Narcity reached out to Toronto police who confirmed that Andre Bartley, 35, and Christopher Daley, 57, were both arrested on Saturday, August 28. The two were charged with indignity to human remains and accessory after the fact (homicide).
Bartley and Daley appeared in court virtually on August 28 and 29, respectively.
After "extensive inquiries" police said they also identified 37-year-old Carita Jackson as a suspect and issued a warrant for her arrest. She is now wanted for second-degree murder.
- Toronto Death Being Investigated After Body Was Found In Suitcase ... ›
- Toronto Police Have ID'd The Woman Reportedly Found Dead ... ›
- GoFundMe Raises Over $66K For Family Of Toronto Woman Killed At Downtown Law Firm - Narcity ›
- Toronto Police Identified The Driver Of The Audi R8 In The Recent Gardiner Car Crash - Narcity ›
- Toronto Police Just Arrested A 15-Year-Old Scarborough Girl Who Shot & Killed A Teenage Boy - Narcity ›
- Toronto Police Are Looking For A Possibly Abducted Woman After She Was Forced Into A Car - Narcity ›