The Newest Raptor Is Already Learning Toronto Slang & He Might Be Better Than You (VIDEO)
He's surprisingly fluent.
Anyone new to the 6ix is likely to encounter a few words that they've never heard before, but learning Toronto slang is a necessary right of passage, especially if you're the Raptors' newest rookie.
Scottie Barnes, the team's fourth overall pick in the 2021 NBA Draft, showed off his Toronto fluency in a video posted to Twitter on Wednesday, and he sounds like a GTA native already.
Man is already in touch with the culture 😂 @ScottBarnes561 | #WeTheNorth https://t.co/lWuOHpXtiA— Toronto Raptors (@Toronto Raptors) 1628060401.0
During the brief clip, Barnes showed off his ability to pronounce "Toronno" with an impressive Torontonian accent before busting a few more obscure phrases such "wagwan" and "nize."
"Yo mans is talking crazy, I told him to nize that fam," the Raptor can be heard spitting out like a natural.
With the recent exit of Kyle Lowry still fresh in everyone's mind, it's heartwarming to see the newest addition to the team picking up where he left off.
- The Toronto Raptors Were Turned Into Disney Princes & You'll ... ›
- Kyle Lowry Leaving The Toronto Raptors For Miami Heat - Narcity ›
- Scottie Barnes Is Already In Love With Toronto & He's Feeling Like 'A Raptor For Real' - Narcity ›
- Raptors Scottie Barnes Has Got Toronto Slang Down & Fans Are Loving It (VIDEO) - Narcity ›
- Gary Trent Jr. Reveals The Funniest Toronto Raptors & Their Change Room Antics (VIDEO) - Narcity ›