If elected, the Conservative Party would not make COVID-19 vaccines mandatory.👇
Justin Trudeau has described feeling "infuriated" by the Conservative Party's election promise to scrap COVID-19 vaccine mandates for federal workers and travellers in Canada.
In a tweet on Sunday evening, the Liberal Party leader reacted to the news that, if elected, Erin O'Toole would not require plane and train travellers to be fully vaccinated.
"With a kid under 12 who can't get vaccinated, I'm infuriated by this," Trudeau told his 5.7 million Twitter followers. "You should be too."
Alongside his tweet, he re-shared a comment from the Liberal Party Twitter page reading, "Erin O'Toole does not support mandatory vaccinations on planes and trains. That's not just irresponsible. That's dangerous. Let's keep doing everything it takes to keep people safe."
The Liberal government has already announced a plan to require all federal employees and travellers in Canada to get fully vaccinated. This is set to come into effect "no later than October" according to Transport Minister Omar Alghabra.
The Conservatives, on the other hand, have promised to use regular, rapid COVID-19 testing in place of a vaccine mandate.
Health Canada has a robust website with all the latest information on COVID-19 vaccines and can answer any questions you may have.
- Mandatory Vaccines In Canada: Here's Where Federal Leaders ... ›
- Canada's Policy On Mandatory Vaccines Changed & Here's Why ... ›
- Canada Has Announced Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccines For ... ›
- Jagmeet Singh, Erin O'Toole Spring To Trudeau's Defense On Protestors - Narcity ›
- COVID-19 Vaccines Will Be Mandatory For Federal Workers In Canada & It Starts Today - Narcity ›
- Most Canadians Agree These Workers Should Be Fired If They Won’t Get Vaxxed, Survey Says - Narcity ›