We laid out each party leader's main promises to help you out on Election Day.
The 2021 Canadian Federal Election is a chance to have your say in who will become the next prime minister of Canada.
This year's campaign is estimated to be the most expensive in Canadian history — a staggering $610 million — due to increased costs including COVID-19 safety measures like face coverings, single-use pencils and hand sanitizer, in addition to preparations for the expected flood of mail-in ballots.
Running in the election is Liberal Leader Justin Trudeau, Conservative Leader Erin O'Toole, NDP Leader Jagmeet Singh, Green Party Leader Annamie Paul, Bloc Québécois Leader Yves-François Blanchet and the People's Party of Canada Leader Maxime Bernier.
So, who should you vote for? Below are six main reasons why each party leader wants your vote on Monday, September 20 — Election Day.
Justin Trudeau's Liberal party has promised to introduce a new EI benefit and help young Canadians transition from renting to buying a home. You can read about 6 reasons why they want your vote here.
The Conservatives, under Erin O'Toole's leadership, have pledged to bring 1 million jobs back and increase mental health care funding. For a full list of why they want your vote, click here.
NDP Leader Jagmeet Singh is promising, if elected, to remove interest from federal student loans and build 500,000 units of affordable housing. You can read his main election promises — as told to Narcity — here.
The Green party, led by Annamie Paul, has pledged to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 60% by 2030 and to zero by 2050. Find out more about their election promises here.
Bloc Québécois Leader Yves-François Blanchet wants to create a special tax for Canada's richest people who "got richer" during the COVID-19 pandemic. This is how he hopes to get your vote.
People's Party of Canada
People's Party of Canada Leader Maxime Bernier promises to cut taxes, end lockdowns and stop mask mandates while preserving "Canadian values and culture." You can find out more on his policies and why he's vying for your vote here.
- 6 Reasons Why Maxime Bernier Wants You To Vote For The PPC ... ›
- 6 Reasons Why Yves-François Blanchet Wants You To Vote Bloc ... ›
- 6 Reasons Why Annamie Paul Wants You To Vote Green - Narcity ›
- 6 Reasons Why Jagmeet Singh Wants You To Vote NDP - Narcity ›
- 6 Reasons Why Erin O'Toole Wants You To Vote Conservative ... ›
- 6 Reasons Why Justin Trudeau Wants You To Vote Liberal - Narcity ›
- Justin Trudeau Says He Has No Regrets About Calling An Election During A Pandemic - Narcity ›
- Taking Selfies With Election Ballots Is Actually Illegal & Here’s How To Avoid Any Trouble - Narcity ›
- Canada's Party Leaders Won't Stop Roasting Each Other & Here Are The Worst Zingers So far - Narcity ›
- A Cat From Guelph Is Unofficially Running In The 2021 Elections & His Campaign Is Purrfect - Narcity ›
- Over 55K People Are Voting Outside Of Canada & Here's Where Most Are Casting Ballots From - Narcity ›
- Here's How To Watch Canada's 2021 Election Results Live Wherever You Are - Narcity ›
- These Fake Election Signs In Ontario Are So Ridiculous We Kind Of Wish They Were Real - Narcity ›