Tragedy struck the province this month when an Ontario couple died from carbon monoxide poisoning while on a camping trip.

The couple, 22-year old Chryse Nadeau and 23-year-old Markus Kehoe, were discovered by OPP on the morning of January 1. Kehoe's sister, Grace, says they will be deeply missed.

Editor's Choice: This Instagram Page Is On A Mission To Identify Capitol Rioters

Markus was the light in every room, and he had touched so many lives in more ways than anyone could imagine.

Grace Kehoe

Almaguin Highlands OPP confirmed to Narcity over the phone that the couple left their campsite near South River, Ontario, and entered a building that housed a generator.

The generator was emitting carbon monoxide into the room, killing the couple almost immediately, say police.

"I would give anything in the world to hear him one more time or for him to just say my name," Kehoe said to CTV News.

“There are no words to describe him. There was just a feeling he would give you. We were really close," she said.

Kehoe has launched a GoFundMe for her brother's funeral, which has raised over $23,000 of its $25,000 goal at the time of publishing.

A GoFundMe has also been set up for Nadeau by Melanie Champagne, a close friend of her mother's.

"I can not imagine what it's like to lose a daughter or a sister at such a very young age," wrote Champagne.

"Chryse [definitely] loved life and would want anyone closest to her to celebrate it."

 
Comments are now closed.
Account Settings
Notifications
Favourites
Share Feedback
Log Out

Register this device to receive push notifications