Not a bad day to be an IKEA employee!
Employees at IKEA Canada locations all across the country are getting a holiday bonus this year!
The giant furniture retailer announced on Friday, October 29, that they were splitting a one-time gift of $6 million between all of its workers in the country as of January 2022.
If you worked at an IKEA Canada store, distribution centre, customer support centre, Design Studio or service office on August 31, 2021, and are still employed by January 2022 (the pay-out date), you're eligible for your slice of the $6 million.
"Eligible co-workers will receive an amount based on their contracted hours," the company said.
Lisa Huie, Public Relations Leader for IKEA Canada, told Narcity that the company has more than 7,000 coworkers nationwide.
The $6 million is part of a larger €110 million gift announced globally by Ingka Group, which owns a majority of the IKEA stores around the world.
This article's right-hand cover image was used for illustrative purposes only.
- These 13 IKEA Canada Hacks Are Perfect For Giving Old Furniture ... ›
- A Tech Startup Just Gave All Employees A $10K 'Thank You' Bonus After A Huge Growth Year - Narcity ›
- A US Company Is Offering Employees A Shot At A Free Home & It's The Ultimate Work Perk - Narcity ›
- IKEA Canada Is Raising Prices This Year & The Company Says There Was 'No Choice' ›
- A New IKEA Is Opening In Downtown Toronto Next Week & It's The First Of Its Kind In Canada - Narcity ›
- 8 Mistakes To Avoid When Shopping In IKEA That Could End Up Costing You A Fortune - Narcity ›