If you've been wondering "is getting a COVID-19 vaccine mandatory in Canada?" Justin Trudeau said that getting one of them isn't required but there could be "consequences" with that.
He participated in a virtual roundtable discussion with health care workers and community advocates that went through a bunch of topics including vaccines.
Vaccines won't be mandatory. That's not the way we do things in Canada.
He told the group that COVID-19 vaccines aren't "mandatory" because "that's not the way we do things in Canada."
However, he did mention that not getting vaccinated could lead to public health consequences in a person's life.
That could include the ability to work in certain settings.
Trudeau also said that Canada is going to be respectful of people's choices but "the safety of all Canadians needs to come first."
Canada recently dropped in a COVID-19 vaccine ranking of how many doses have been administered in different countries.
As well, the rollout has been criticized here at home.
If you're wondering how much of the population has been vaccinated, there are statistics that you can view online.
Health Canada has a robust website with all the latest information on the vaccine and can answer any questions you may have. Click here for more information.
- What To Expect After A COVID-19 Vaccine? Canada Has Advice - Narcity ›
- Mixing COVID-19 Vaccines In Canada Could Happen By The Summer - Narcity ›
- Life After A Vaccine In Canada Roadmap Says What You Can Do - Narcity ›
- Mixing & Matching COVID-19 Vaccines Is Safe Says Canada's Top Docs - Narcity ›
- Justin Trudeau Says Tell Your 'Crusty Old Uncle' To Get Vaccinated - Narcity ›
- RNAO Calls On Ford To Mandate COVID-19 Vaccines For Healthcare Workers - Narcity ›
- COVID-19 Vaccine Should Be Mandatory For Health Workers, Ontario Nurses Say - Narcity ›
- Are Universities Requiring Vaccination? Here's What 11 Schools Say - Narcity ›
- Moderna Joined Pfizer With Plans For A Second COVID Booster & Here's Who Can Get It - Narcity ›