More Hand Sanitizers Are Being Recalled Across Canada Because Of Health Risks
Make sure you check before you next sanitize your hands!
Health Canada is recalling some hand sanitizer brands because it says the products may pose health risks.
Canadians are being advised to stop using the following products immediately: Avalon Laboratories' Ethanol Hand Sanitizer 80% and Securol Hand Sanitizer, and Hand San 510D, which is produced by DuBois Chemicals Canada.
The products were recalled due to an "undeclared impurity, acetaldehyde, at elevated levels."
All Hand San 510D products are included in the recall, which also said the products had incorrect labelling, including "missing information for vulnerable people and missing all information in French."
The affected Avalon Laboratories products include sanitizers with expiry dates in June 2022, July 2022, August 2022 and December 2022. You can find the specific product number affected by searching the company name here.
This article's cover image was used for illustrative purposes only.
- Hand Sanitizer Recall: Canada Adds Two More Unauthorized ... ›
- Hand Sanitizer Recall Canada Issued Is For One That's Counterfeit ... ›
- Hand Sanitizer Recall: Health Canada Just Added 15 New Ones To ... ›
- 7 Food Recalls Have Been Issued In Canada Over The Past Week - Narcity ›
- Health Canada Is Recalling A Hand Sanitizer Due To 'Serious' Health Risks - Narcity ›
- Acetaminophen Tablets Recalled In Canada Because A Label Error May Cause An Overdose Or Death - Narcity ›
- Canada May Make COVID-19 Vaccines Mandatory For Federal Employees - Narcity ›
- Health Canada Warns That These Recalled Hand Sanitizers 'May Increase The Risk Of Cancer' - Narcity ›
- Canada's Health Care System Was Ranked & It Didn't Score Well - Narcity ›