The driver ran off on foot.
A grey Nissan was travelling eastbound on the Gardiner as well as a white Audi R8 that was driving at a high speed. The Audi R8 struck the back of the Nissan, which caused the Nissan to flip over the median guard rail.
A 58-year-old woman and a 61-year-old were inside the car at the time, and the woman was sent to the hospital with life-threatening injuries.
She succumbed to her injuries and was pronounced dead at the hospital, while the 61-year-old driver of the Nissan sustained non-life-threatening injuries.
The driver of the Audi, however, fled the scene on foot.
The Gardiner was closed for investigation and, according to the Ministry of Transportation's official Twitter account, opened back up in the afternoon the same day.
Investigators are looking to talk to anyone who may have seen the Audi R8 before, during or after the crash.
- Gardiner Expressway Logan Avenue Ramp To Be Permanently ... ›
- Toronto FC Player's Car Crash Video Is Pretty Scary - Narcity ›
- 6 Vehicles Involved In Crash On Highway 401 (VIDEO) - Narcity ›
- Toronto Police Identified The Driver Of The Audi R8 In The Recent Gardiner Car Crash - Narcity ›
- Toronto Police Identified A Person Of Interest In The Audi R8 Crash That Left One Dead - Narcity ›
- Toronto Police Just Arrested The Audi R8 Driver Involved In The Fatal Gardiner Hit-&-Run - Narcity ›
- Toronto Police Just Charged A Man Allegedly Involved In The Fatal Gardiner Audi R8 Crash - Narcity ›
- A Woman On 'Wheel Of Fortune' Lost An Audi On A Technicality & Fans Are Calling BS - Narcity ›