That's a big, big line for a small, small world.
It looks like the news of Disney Stores closing up shop has taken hold of Ontarians who want to cash in on that last bit of childhood nostalgia while they can.
Recently, Retail Insider reported that Disney will shut down most of its stores in Canada next month, with only three remaining locations left in the GTA.* The Disney stores at the Eaton Centre, Scarborough Town Centre and Vaughan Mills have not announced closures, but sources say they will likely close by mid-August, according to Retail Insider.
Narcity's own Ailish Forfar went to Yorkdale Mall to check out the scene and saw that the line for the store wrapped around the corner.
Several families and shoppers waited patiently to get inside the store, which will shut down on or before August 18, 2021, according to a sign posted out front. Even though Scarborough Town Centre has not officially announced when it will close, a TikTok video showed Disney fans waiting in a long line to get inside.
Following the closures, the only way shoppers can purchase their Minnie or Mickey merchandise is if they shop online.
*This article has been updated.
- Disney Is Shutting Down Many Stores In 2021 & Moving Online ... ›
- All Disney Stores In Canada Are Shutting Down Before The End Of ... ›
- All Disney Stores In Canada Are Shutting & Most Will Close Within ... ›
- Yorkdale Mall Is Getting 7 Big New Stores & Some Are Even New To Canada - Narcity ›
- Disney On Ice Is Hitting The Rinks In Toronto & You Can Go On A 'Quest' With Mickey Mouse - Narcity ›