Signs read, "Now it's time to say goodbye."
Goodbye, Mickey. All Disney stores in Canada are shutting down before the end of the summer, according to new reports.
On Monday, April 26, Retail Insider revealed all 18 remaining Disney stores in Canada are expected to shut their doors for good this year, with a closing date of August 1 set for at least one location.
There are currently Disney stores based across Canada, with locations in Ontario, B.C., Alberta and Manitoba.
Retail Insider says Disney has been working with Canadian landlords on an exit strategy for "several weeks." However, reports suggest store staff have not yet been officially notified of the store closures.
Disney stores in Canada and the U.S. began closing earlier this year, after the company announced it would be reducing its number of physical stores to follow consumer trends and focus on online sales.
A social media post from one Ontario store shows a sign that reads, "Now it's time to say goodbye …"
*This article's cover image is for illustrative purposes only.
- 11 Stores That Have Closed In Canada Since The Pandemic Began - Narcity ›
- All Disney Stores In Canada Are Shutting & Most Will Close Within Weeks - Narcity ›
- ShopDisney Canada Doesn't Exist But Here's How To Get Mickey Merch In Canada - Narcity ›
- Disney Store In Yorkdale Mall Is Closing & The Line Is So Long - Narcity ›
- 7 Stores From Your Childhood In Canada That Won't Be Around For Your Own Kids - Narcity ›