It's near impossible to nab an Ontario mansion for under $1 million these days, especially one that has 20 rooms.
However, that's exactly what one Toronto couple has done, scooping up one of the coolest properties in the province that was selling for under $600K.
Narcity reached out to the pair, Heather and Arryn Blumberg, to see their plans for the unique find.
Editor's Choice: The GTA Is About To Be Slammed With Tons Of Snow
[rebelmouse-image 26002564 alt="Ontario Mansion For Sale That Was A Funeral Home Will Be Transformed Into A Couple's Dream" photo_credit="Rick Pritchard | EXP Realty Brokerage" expand=1 original_size="1024x680"] Rick Pritchard | EXP Realty Brokerage
"It’s hugely different to our place," they wrote in an email when talking about the property that used to be a funeral home.
The Blumbergs, who currently live in a quaint Roncevalles residence, plan to renovate their new spot into a family home.
"We will be renovating to make it a family home. But not anything like gutting the place! We want to hold it true to what it is," they added.
"The chapel will become our kitchen, dining and family room, the old casket show room is going to become our sons apartment."
"The embalming room will become a large shower/wet room, the casket lift will be made in to a bar that can be called up and down to floors as needed."
The purchase is a literal dream come true for the two, who said they've always wanted to live in The Addams Family's house.
- Ontario Mansion For Sale Comes With Two Extra Homes - Narcity ›
- Ontario Home For Sale Has Major Swiss Alps Vibes - Narcity ›
- This Ontario Mansion For Sale Is So Expensive But Oh So Dreamy - Narcity ›
- Ontario Mansion For Sale Has More Bathrooms Than Days Of The Week - Narcity ›
- This Ontario Home Is A Mini Scottish Castle & Is Actually Selling For Under $900K - Narcity ›
- A $20M Ontario Mansion Looks Like A Scene From 'Bridgerton' & Has A 4K Bottle Wine Cellar - Narcity ›