Toronto has moved up four spots since 2019!
Toronto scored the second-highest spot with a score of 82.2 out of 100, falling shortly behind the top city Copenhagen with a 0.2 difference in score.
The report created by The Economist Intelligence Unit and sponsored by NEC Corporation is currently on its fourth edition.In 2019 Toronto ranked sixth on the list,so it's safe to say the city is taking strides in safety.
The report ranks 60 global cities across 76 indicators of security across health, digital, infrastructure, personal and environmental factors. Toronto secured its prestigious ranking with high scores in all five categories.
Toronto placed second in environmental security and fourth in infrastructure security. However, Toronto didn't place in the top five for digital, personal or health security.
The top ten safest cities in the world, according to the study, are as follows.
- Copenhagen, DK (82.4)
- Toronto, CA (82.2)
- Singapore, SG (80.7)
- Sydney, AUS (80.1)
- Tokyo, JP (80.0)
- Amsterdam, NL (79.3)
- Wellington, NZ (79.0)
- Hong Kong, CN(78.6)
- Melbourne, AUS (78.6)
- Stockholm, SE (78.0)
- Toronto Is Poised To Be One Of The Next Global Super-Cities ... ›
- Toronto Ranked Safest City In The World But It's Not Even The ... ›
- Toronto Neighbourhoods Ranked By How Dangerous They Are ... ›
- Toronto Beat Out Every City In The Entire Continent For Its Growing High-Tech Job Market - Narcity ›
- Toronto Is One The Best Places To Relocate In The World Even Though It's Super Expensive - Narcity ›