The constable was charged with fraud under $5,000.
A member of the York Regional Police (YRP) is in hot water after being charged in a case of fraud.
According to YRP, an investigation was launched into the officer back in spring by the Professional Standards Bureau after it was discovered that he was working as a realtor while on duty.
As a result, Constable Jamil Saade of Markham was charged with fraud under $5,000.
He is scheduled to appear before the Ontario Court of Justice in Newmarket on August 3, 2021.
"The accused has been a member of York Regional Police since 2013 and had most recently been working in the Information Management Unit," an excerpt from the report reads.
- York Regional Police Shares Footage Of Dramatic ... - Toronto ›
- York Regional Police Treating Skid Marks On A Rainbow Crosswalk ... ›
- York Regional Police Tweets That Are So Bizarre They ... - Toronto ›
- A Naked Guy Was Caught On Cam In Richmond Hill Lurking Outside A Home At Night - Narcity ›
- Police Just Released A Terrifying Video Of Vaughan Shooting & Are Looking For Suspects - Narcity ›
- Ontario Man Stole An $8K Guitar By Stuffing It Down His Pants & It Was All Caught On Video - Narcity ›
- Former RBC Manager Accused Of Running A $10.5M Bank Loan Scheme In Toronto - Narcity ›