Are these spots on your bucket list?
Narcity may receive a small commission if you purchase something we recommend in this article, which was created by the Editorial team just for you.
Although the Government of Canada continues to advise against all non-essential travel right now, that hasn't stopped Canadians from dreaming about their first post-pandemic vacation.
New data from Expedia revealed which spots Canadians are researching right now and it seems wannabe travellers are prepared to travel far and wide as soon as they're given the go-ahead!
The list, which was shared with Narcity, was compiled by ranking Canadian travellers' most common hotel searches for dates from October 1, 2021, through December 31, 2021.
Despite a flight ban to sun destinations implemented by the federal government, it appears Canadians can't wait to return to Mexico. Taking the top two spots were Cancun and Playa del Carmen respectively, while Puerto Vallarta came in fourth.
Hawaii also appears to be a popular choice too, with Maui and Honolulu taking third and fifth place on the list. Orlando took the sixth spot, followed by Bora Bora, the Maldives, Dubai and New York in tenth place.
While it's unclear whether or not international travel will resume before the summer, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has hinted that vacations could be possible if "everything goes well."
Canadians have also been dreaming about staycations too, with the Alberta town of Banff taking the top spot for domestic post-pandemic holidays.
- Best Places In Canada To Go On Vacation Post-Pandemic Were ... ›
- Travel Outside Canada: Feds Warn Snowbirds That Vacations Don't ... ›
- Post-Pandemic Vacations In Canada: Here Are Canadians' Top ... ›
- Vacation In Las Vegas: Canadians Can't Wait To Visit Post-Pandemic - Narcity ›
- Air Canada reprend les vols de Montréal vers 14 destinations populaires dès ce printemps - Narcity ›