71 Kittens Were Rescued From A 'Hoarding Situation' In BC & The Photos Are Heartbreaking
This is too much. 😭
The BC SPCA has rescued 71 cats and kittens from two motorhomes near Squamish, who were being kept in a super dangerous environment.
A press release from the BC SPCA states that these adorable kittens were discovered "under furniture in the trailers, in cupboards, under the driver and passenger seats and under the dashboard. Newborn kittens were found huddled on flooring by the passenger seat."
The heartbreaking statement goes on to say that it was a "hoarding situation where the cats and kittens were being kept in unsanitary conditions with high levels of ammonia from urine, lack of proper ventilation and feces piled up in their living space."
Several of the cats are suspected to be pregnant, and seven kittens have already been born since they were seized.
With the number of animals rescued creating a strain on resources, the BC SPCA is asking for donations.
- You Can Adopt A Pet This Week In BC For Half Price & They Are ... ›
- BC SPCA Husky That Was Rescued In 2019 Had Puppies & They're ... ›
- People On TikTok Are Shocked After A Vancouver Airport Worker Shares What Happens To Pets - Narcity ›
- A Dog That Went Missing For 2 Weeks Has Been Found Under A Chairlift At A BC Ski Resort - Narcity ›
- Betty White Fans Just Helped BC SPCA Raise $166K & It's The Most Wholesome Thing Today - Narcity ›
- Toronto Pet Store Rescued Kittens From A Trash Can On One Of The Coldest Nights This Year - Narcity ›
- 27 Dogs Were Rescued From An Ontario Home & A Woman Was Charged With Cruelty To Animals - Narcity ›