UEFA has confirmed that the player is stable and in hospital.
A game at the Euro 2020 Championship between Denmark and Finland has been postponed after a player collapsed on the field and medics had to perform CPR.
UPDATE: UEFA confirmed that Christian Eriksen has been transferred to hospital and stabilized. Eriksen is awake, according to the Danish football association, and the game is scheduled to resume later this afternoon.
Eriksen, a midfielder for the Danish national team, collapsed with no other player around him while on the field during the match on Saturday, June 12.
Following the request made by players of both teams, UEFA has agreed to restart the match between Denmark and Finla… https://t.co/IPg6cYvSAr— UEFA (@UEFA) 1623521212.0
The game stopped and medics quickly came onto the field to help Eriksen, and cameras at the stadium showed the player receiving chest compressions.
Players from both teams could be seen crying and praying while medics were on the field. Eriksen was eventually removed after several minutes, leaving the pitch on a stretcher and with white sheets held up around him to block people's view.
- Christian Eriksen Has Posted On Insta After Collapsing At The Euros - Narcity ›
- France VS Allemagne à l'Euro 2020 : les bars de Montréal plein à craquer - Narcity ›
- Euro 2020 In Canada: Why You Should Be Watching - Narcity ›
- L'Italie sacrée Championne d'Europe (PHOTOS) - Narcity ›
- Euro 2020 Final: Prince William Slams ‘Abhorrent’ Racist Abuse - Narcity ›
- 11 Photos From The Euro 2020 Final To Make You Laugh & Cry - Narcity ›