He described feeling "sickened" by the racist abuse directed at England's young players.👇
Prince William has condemned the racist abuse that has been directed at England soccer players following their defeat at the Euro 2020 final.
In a rare, personal message shared via Twitter, the Duke Of Cambridge described feeling "sickened" by the "abhorrent behaviour" of those posting racist comments online.
I am sickened by the racist abuse aimed at England players after last night’s match. It is totally unacceptable t… https://t.co/cy72gi0eML— The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge (@The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge) 1626081469.0
"It must stop now and all those involved should be held accountable," he wrote, signing off "W."
The abuse began on Sunday evening (U.K. time), when England lost to Italy after the 1-1 game went to extra time and then to a penalty shootout.
Three Black players from the England squad (19-year-old Bukayo Saka, 21-year-old Jadon Sancho and 23-year-old Marcus Rashford) missed their respective penalties.
The trio have since been subjected to racist abuse on social media, prompting Prince William, the Football Association (FA), U.K. Prime Minister Boris Johnson and England FC manager Gareth Southgate to issue individual statements.
British police have confirmed that it "will not be tolerated and it will be investigated."
- Christian Eriksen Collapsed During A Denmark Game & CPR Was ... ›
- Euro 2020 Fever Has Hit Jagmeet Singh & He Has Pics To Prove It ... ›
- How To Watch Euro 2020 In Canada This Summer With Or Without ... ›
- Euro 2020 Final: Boris Johnson Has Stong Message For Racists - Narcity ›
- Euro 2020 Final: Boris Johnson Has Strong Message For Racists - Narcity ›