A Massive Great White Shark Has Been Swimming Near Nova Scotia & You Can Track His Journey
Ironbound weighs almost 1,000 pounds!
A huge great white shark is in Nova Scotia's waters and you can follow along with his journey through the ocean.
Ocearch, a non-profit organization that researches sharks, recently tweeted that the humongous shark named Ironbound had made his way to Nova Scotia. He was pinged just off the coast of Lockeport on the province's southern coast on July 13.
Ironbound just reached Nova Scotia! He's heading back towards his namesake, Ironbound Island. Follow his journey:… https://t.co/jTAC3WpezW— OCEARCH (@OCEARCH) 1626116180.0
Ocearch's shark tracker shows where this great white shark travels and he's been around Nova Scotia quite a bit. You can watch along as he swims through the ocean and you can see what other sharks are hanging around in Canadian waters.
Ironbound, who measures 12 feet, 4 inches long and weighs 998 pounds, was tagged in Lunenburg, Nova Scotia, back in 2019 and since then he's been travelling up and down the east coast of the U.S. and back to the province.
In 2020, Ocearch tagged a massive great white shark weighing more than 3,000 pounds off the coast of Nova Scotia and she was dubbed the "Queen of the Ocean."
- Great White Shark's PEI Trip The Closest It's Ever Been To The ... ›
- 57,000 Beluga Whales Are Migrating Across Canada Right Now - Narcity ›
- Great White Sharks Are Loving Nova Scotia Right Now & Some Of Them Are Massive - Narcity ›
- A Massive 13-Foot Great White Shark Is Swimming In Canadian Waters Right Now (PHOTO) - Narcity ›
- A Great White Shark Is Swimming Close To The Florida-Georgia Line & She's Over 8 Feet Long - Narcity ›
- Great White Sharks Are Making Their Way To Canada & An Almost 1,000 lb One Is Leading The Pack - Narcity ›