Kamala Harris Just Became The First Woman To Act As US President & It Lasted 85 Minutes
We see you, acting President Harris 👀
For the first time ever, a woman held presidential power in the United States.
Vice President Kamala Harris briefly became the acting president of the U.S. on Friday while President Joe Biden underwent a colonoscopy.
Biden went in for his first physical as president on Friday morning, and the soon-to-be 79-year-old had to go under anesthesia during the visit.
Biden officially transferred his power to Harris during the procedure.
It's not unusual for a president to put his V.P. in charge while under anesthesia; George W. Bush did it several times during his presidency, CNN reports.
However, this time was special because Harris is the first woman to hold presidential power.
"The Vice President will work from her office in the West Wing during this time," White House press secretary Jen Psaki told reporters Friday morning.
Harris held the presidency for 85 minutes, CNN reports.
However, it was enough to get people talking about the title.
Happy Friday to everyone celebrating acting President Harris and the Speaker of all time Madam Speaker Pelosi \u2026 on international men\u2019s daypic.twitter.com/y8HKHTafZ7— SkolSister\ud83d\udc9b (@SkolSister\ud83d\udc9b) 1637338326
Happy President Harris day to all who celebrate #KHive— Elizabeth Has THEE Jewish Space Laser Blumberg \u2696 (@Elizabeth Has THEE Jewish Space Laser Blumberg \u2696) 1637334022
All of the useless attack didn\u2019t stop anything, another 1st under her belt say her name President Harrispic.twitter.com/VgA9Fnzc8R— Meka (@Meka) 1637336701
Biden was back in charge before noon and the results of his physical are expected to be released later in the day.
- Kamala Harris Opened Up To Justin Trudeau About Her 'Teenage ... ›
- Vice President Elect Kamala Harris' Canadian School Shares The ... ›
- Kamala Harris Calls Joe Biden To Celebrate & Can't Contain Herself ... ›
- Ketanji Brown Jackson Just Became The First Black Woman Named To The US Supreme Court - Narcity ›
- George W. Bush Accidentally Condemned The 'Invasion Of Iraq' Instead Of Ukraine (VIDEO) - Narcity ›
- Joe Biden Has 'Mild' COVID Symptoms & The 'President Kamala Harris' Tweets Are Popping Off - Narcity ›