Penny Oleksiak Has A Message For The Teacher Who Said ‘Swimming Wouldn’t Get Me Anywhere’
Oleksiak just became Canada's most decorated Olympian.
Just days after she became Canada's most decorated Olympian of all time, Canadian swimmer Penny Oleksiak has shared a message for the high school teacher who told her to "stop swimming."
In a Twitter post on August 3, the 21-year-old Torontonian said, "I just googled "Canada's most decorated Olympian" and my name came up."
I just googled \u201cCanada\u2019s most decorated Olympian\u201d and my name came up. I want to thank that teacher in high school who told me to stop swimming to focus on school bc swimming wouldn\u2019t get me anywhere. This is what dreams are made of.— Penny Oleksiak (@Penny Oleksiak) 1628006774
She continued, "I want to thank that teacher in high school who told me to stop swimming to focus on school [because] swimming wouldn't get me anywhere."
The Team Canada athlete concluded by adding, "This is what dreams are made of."
Just two days earlier, Oleksiak made history by winning her seventh Olympic medal and becoming Canada's most decorated Olympian ever.
On Sunday, she won a bronze medal in the women's 4x100 metre medley relay swimming event, alongside teammates Kylie Masse, Maggie Mac Neil and Sydney Pickrem.
Responding to this achievement, the swimmer quoted Drake lyrics and told her 70,000 Twitter followers "Trust me at the top it isn't lonely." Pretty cool, eh?
- Athletes At The Olympics Are Being Given Condoms & Warned Not ... ›
- Here's A List Of Team Canada's Olympic Medals So Far - Narcity ›
- Here's How Much Olympic Athletes Get Paid For Winning A Medal ... ›
- A BC Teacher Has Been Suspended For DM'ing Students & Keeping Photos Of Them On His Phone - Narcity ›
- 160K Condoms Are Being Dished Out To Olympic Athletes & They've Been Asked Not To Use Them - Narcity ›