The 3 Worst Spots To Buy A Home In Ontario Were Just Revealed
Avoid these spots at all costs.
If you're looking to buy a new home, you might want to avoid some cities across the province.
A recent report by Zoocasa revealed the absolute worst spots to buy an Ontario home right now and compared multiple cities on current average home prices, price growth and neighbourhood characteristics.
Oakville is currently ranked the worst of the worst in Ontario, with an average house price of $1,116,275 as of 2020, a rate that sits 100 percent above the national average.
Toronto is the second-worst place to buy real estate, with an average price of $915,001.
Mississauga comes in third, with an average home price of $922,750.
Where are the best places to buy a home in Ontario?
If you are looking to move, you might want to check out Bancroft, which took the top spot for the best place to buy a home in all of Canada. The spot offers homes at $292,733, with is 47% below the national average.
Other top spots in Ontario include Woodstock and Ingersoll area, with the average home price sitting at $433,383.
London, Tillsonburg, and Huron Perth also followed closely behind.
The top spot to buy a home in Canada outside of Ontario is Greater Moncton, with the average home price of $200,267.
- Ontario's Cheap Houses For Sale Are Under $100K & You Could Do ... ›
- Ontario Houses For Sale In Different Cities Look Completely ... ›
- Ontario Homes For Sale That Are Only $50K Or Below (PHOTOS ... ›
- Ontario Home Buyers Are Considering Fleeing The Province To Buy - Narcity ›
- These 5 Ontario Cities Ranked Most Expensive For Homes Per Square Foot - Narcity ›
- Brantford Is Ontario's Real Estate Hot Spot & It's Actually Breaking Home Sale Records RN - Narcity ›
- These Are Some Of The Cheapest Spots To Buy A Home In Ontario RN - Narcity ›
- This Ontario Home Selling For $850K Has Stunning Lake Views & Your Own Mini Observatory - Narcity ›
- This Huge Ontario Home For Sale Is Actually Under $1M & Has Too Many Rooms To Count - Narcity ›
- Ontario Home With 14 Rooms Is Selling For Under $1M & Has Breathtaking Views Of The Water - Narcity ›
- 6 Ontario Homes Selling For Under $400K That Are Actually Super Charming - Narcity ›