Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Epic Burn.
Earlier this year, fans unearthed stock photos Liu modelled for before he got famous. The images have gone viral several times since, and fans continue to make memes out of them. But on Monday, September 6, Liu used one of these images to troll everyone who thought Shang-Chi would flop.
Me laughing at the people who thought we'd flop pic.twitter.com/7UoLqRXlCJ
— Simu Liu (刘思慕) (@SimuLiu) September 6, 2021
"Me laughing at the people who thought we'd flop," Liu tweeted with a stock image of himself pointing at a laptop. The tweet has garnered over 46K retweets and 230K likes since.
Despite some critics speculating that Shang-Chi would bomb, the film crushed it at the box office and broke Labour Day opening ticket sales records. Box Office Mojo reports the superhero flick sold an estimated 146.2K tickets worldwide.
the only thing better than your film saving the movies is the fact that we have all this fresh stock photo meme material. pic.twitter.com/w4CNlvDFqH
— Stephen Ford (@StephenSeanFord) September 6, 2021
Fans are saying Liu "saved cinema," and are quite grateful for all the meme-able stock photos.
Liu also responded to people who felt the film was predictable because the trailers revealed too much.
"Y'all haven't seen sh*t," he tweeted last month, following up with, "I friggin told you guys," yesterday.
- Kim's Convenience Season 5 Won't Be Without Simu Liu Despite ... ›
- Simu Liu Just Did An AMA On Reddit & His Answers Were Both ... ›
- Simu Liu's Incredible First Pitch Proves Why He's Marvel's Newest ... ›
- Simu Liu's Stock Photos Are Unofficially In The MCU After This Amazing Photoshop Job - Narcity ›
- Simu Liu Hit Up His First 'Wild' Met Gala & Ended Up Apologizing To The Other Celebs - Narcity ›