Holy backflip, Shang-Chi!
Throwing a first pitch at a packed MLB stadium in California is hard enough for most people, but Simu Liu is apparently not most people!
The star of Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings threw the ceremonial first pitch at a Giants-Dodgers game on Sunday, September 5, and he capped off the moment with a real-life superhero moment.
Not only was the pitch great — dropping the curveball in for a strike — but the backflip followed by the superhero landing pose was certainly worthy of "one of the best first pitches this year," according to the MLB's tweet.
Liu was at Oracle Park to promote his new Marvel film, which makes him the first Asian-American superhero to lead his own film in the iconic franchise. While most Canadians will recognize him for his Kim's Convenience role, his acrobatics clearly show he's in full superhero mode.
But it apparently wasn't as impressive for the man himself, who later tweeted that his pitch was "500% faster" in his own head. Don't worry, Simu — the other baseball pitchers might have thrown faster but none of them did a backflip on the mound!
- Ryan Reynolds Got Slammed By Simu Liu In A Devastating Diss ... ›
- Ms Marvel & More Canadians Are Set To Join The Marvel Universe ... ›
- Simu Liu's 'Kim Convenience' Post Is Full Of Behind The Scenes ... ›
- Simu Liu Clapped Back At 'Shang-Chi' Haters After Old Stock Photos Of Him Went Viral - Narcity ›
- Simu Liu's Stock Photos Are Unofficially In The MCU After This Amazing Photoshop Job - Narcity ›
- Simu Liu Says There Was A Time When His Big Goal Was Just To Get Scouted At Abercrombie - Narcity ›
- Harry Styles' Secret Marvel Role In 'Eternals' Was Reportedly Revealed & Fans Are Losing It - Narcity ›