Toronto Had A Mega Lightning Storm Last Night & The CN Tower Was Struck (VIDEO)
Storm chasers enjoyed a real show in the GTA last night! Toronto’s lightning storm lasted for several hours from Sunday night into Monday morning, and those who were awake captured some pretty impressive moments.
Throughout the storm, frequent lightning was spotted across southern Ontario, combined with heavy rain and gusty winds in some areas.
In one particularly spectacular clip, lightning was spotted striking the CN Tower.
Thankfully, the CN Tower is fully equipped to cope with being hit by lightning. It actually gets struck around 75 times every year!
According to The Weather Network’s official Storm Hunter, Mark Robinson, "at one point we had almost 20 strikes a second between Windsor and Hamilton."
"I’ve never seen a lightning show like that in Ontario. Ever," he said.
- Toronto Thunderstorms Could Cause Flooding Today - Narcity ›
- Toronto Thunderstorm Could Ruin Your Friday Night Plans - Narcity ›
- Toronto's Storm Was So Intense That Some Streets Totally Flooded (VIDEOS) - Narcity ›
- The CN Tower Is Getting A $21M Revamp With A Scarier Glass Floor & Video Walls - Narcity ›
- Glass Fell From The CN Tower Yesterday Due To Some Powerful Winds & Honestly Yikes (VIDEO) - Narcity ›