Associates get a Walmart discount card and can take part in a tuition reimbursement program!
If you're looking for a job, Walmart Canada is hiring 12,000 new and permanent associates across the country to help the company get ready for the holiday shopping season.
The retailer is hosting two national hiring days on October 14 and 15 from 1 p.m. to 8 p.m. local time in stores, distribution and fleet centres all over Canada.
The application process is really simple during the hiring event — all you have to do is walk into a store or centre, fill out an application and then get interviewed on the spot.
Walmart is primarily looking to hire new associates who can work in these roles:
- Omnichannel Customer Experience Salesfloor Store Associates — pick items for online orders and prepare the orders for pickup and delivery
- Fresh Food Store Associates — work in the bakery, meat, produce and dairy/frozen sections
- Merchandising Store Associates — stock and merchandise products so customers can find what they need
- Warehouse Associates — pick and receive orders and prepare them for shipment to stores and customers nationwide
- Drivers – deliver products safely and on time
The retailer offers health and wellbeing benefits, performance-based bonuses and a stock purchase program.
Associates also get a Walmart discount card for 10% off of most groceries and merchandise sold in stores and online. Plus, Walmart has a tuition reimbursement program, custom training and education opportunities.
Back in April 2021, Walmart was ranked as one of the top companies to work for in Canada based on factors like company stability, advancement opportunities, and more.