🎵"You don't know what you've got 'til it's gone..." 🎵
Stewart Reynolds, aka Brittlestar, shared an '80s-inspired ode to the iconic retailer on Twitter, singing "you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone."
During the video, he dances outside an old Zellers that had also been a Target, reminisces about the store's diner and tiny Ferris Wheel and sings, "I mean, sure Giant Tiger's an option but it's not the same."
Zellers was even trending on Twitter in Canada after the love song was posted, so Brittlestar might've played a role in reigniting the conversation around the iconic Canadian store.
This isn't the first time that Canadians have gotten nostalgic for the retailer. Zellers trended on Twitter multiple times in 2020 despite the fact that all of the locations in the country have been shut down for good since January 2020.
- Zellers Twitter Account Is The Parody Distraction We All Need - Narcity ›
- Zellers Closing Forever Hasn't Stopped Canadians From Getting ... ›
- Zellers Is Trending On Twitter In Canada Despite The Last Store ... ›
- Brittlestar Tackles ‘Vaccine Shopping’ With Even More Sarcasm (VIDEO) - Narcity ›
- 6 TikToks About Zellers That Will Make You Feel Nostalgic AF For Your Canadian Childhood - Narcity ›
- 8 Tweets About Zellers Coming Back To Canada In 2023 That Will Probably Make You Chuckle - Narcity ›