6 Free Tennessee Swimming Holes With Crystal Blue Waters You Need To Try This Summer
You can't beat these waterfall views! 😍
Tennessee summers are made for exploring the Great Smoky Mountains and finding new trails to live your next Big Bend adventure.
There's an abundance of creeks, lakes, and waterfalls perfect for cooling down on a humid day. Tennessee's swimming holes have something for everyone, you just have to go out there and discover them for yourself.
When looking for a shimmering swimming hole to relax in this summer, this list of some of the best Tennessee swimming holes will guide you to cheap refreshing fun.
The North Chick Blue Hole
Address: 354 Montlake Rd., Soddy-Daisy, TN
Why You Need To Go: Just about 20 minutes from Chattanooga, North Chickamauga Creek runs down, creating a gorge that has beautiful blue swimming holes.
Stillhouse Hollow Falls
Address: Stillhouse Hollow Falls State Natural Area, TN
Why You Need To Go: This natural area encompasses about 90 acres and is home to this 75-foot waterfall with a clear and cool natural swimming pool. Parking is extremely limited here and can get busy on the weekends.
Address: 498 Foster Rd., Sequatchie, TN
Why You Need To Go: This hike will take you to a 60-foot free-falling waterfall. There's also a shimmering pool below for a cool summer swim.
Fall Creek Falls
Address: 2009 Village Camp Rd., Spencer, TN
Why You Need To Go: This spot is home to one of the highest waterfalls in the Eastern U.S., with several swimming holes that will call your name.
Fort Dickerson Park Quarry
Address: 550 Augusta Ave., Knoxville, TN
Why You Need To Go: With beautiful blue-hued waters and pretty shorelines, many people like to kayak or paddleboard here.
Address: 14563 TN-1, Rockwood, TN
Before you get going, check out our Responsible Travel Guide so you can be informed, be safe, be smart, and most of all, be respectful on your adventure.
This article has been updated since it was originally published on June 16, 2020.
- Jaw-Dropping Tennessee Waterfalls You Can Chase For Free This Summer - Narcity ›
- Short Trail In Tennessee Leads You Behind A Waterfall - Narcity ›
- This Abandoned Mine In Kentucky Has An Underground Waterfall You Can Explore In A Clear Kayak - Narcity ›
- These Swimming Holes Have The Clearest Water In Georgia & Some Are Completely Free - Narcity ›
- 8 Cheap Lakefront Cabins In Georgia To Rent With Your Besties This Summer With Stunning Views - Narcity ›
- Crystal Clear Swimming Holes Near Orlando Where You Can See All The Way To The Bottom - Narcity ›