Better luck next time, Great Barrier Reef.
If you're looking for can't-miss travel destinations, you'd be remiss not to look right here in Canada before you set your sights on a more global scale. A ranking of the 30 best places to visit in the world has been released by U.S. News and Banff, Alberta, made the cut.
It's no secret that the Alberta mountain town is worth the trip, and people travel from around the world to see the awe-inspiring alpine terrain for themselves.
While Banff landed at number 18 on this list, it actually beat out some pretty spectacular global destinations including the Great Barrier Reef, Yosemite National Park, Santorini, Florence, Rio de Janeiro, and more.
It wasn't the only Canadian location to make the list; Niagara Falls snagged the last spot, coming in at number 30.
From the bustling Banff Avenue and the iconic Banff Springs Hotel to all of the nearby lakes, hiking trails, and mountain adventures, Banff is a pretty special place that you should probably experience at least once.
Before you get going, check our Responsible Travel Guide so you can be informed, be safe, be smart, and most of all, be respectful on your adventure.
- 9 Fall Hikes Near Banff Everyone Needs To Experience At Least ... ›
- 11 Romantic Things To Do In Banff That You And Your Date Will ... ›
- Things To See In Banff: You Can't Miss These 9 Iconic Landmarks ... ›
- Canada Is One Of The Best Places In The World To Take A Road Trip & Here's Where To Go - Narcity ›
- Rare White Grizzly Was Spotted In Banff & It's So Magical (PHOTOS) - Narcity ›
- Over 40 Beds Were Found Inside This Banff Home After The Town Got 'Multiple Complaints' - Narcity ›