Some regions will have it worse than others, though. 🥶❄️
Editor's note: A previous version of this article included outdated information regarding Canada's winter forecast. The new version of this article contains updated information for 2021.
It's going to be a cold, cold Christmas! The long-range winter weather forecast in Canada and apparently the holiday season will be "unsettled."
After a "frosty flip-flop" start to the winter, the Farmers' Almanac is predicting conditions could get even more unpleasant by the festive period, although some regions will have it way worse than others.
Residents of Newfoundland and Labrador should expect temperatures that get progressively colder throughout December, says the Farmers' Almanac report, along with unsettled conditions, increasing clouds and flurries ahead of Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
Those in the Atlantic Region should prepare for "frigidly cold weather" arriving from the Arctic just in time for December 25 and 26. There will also be scattered snow showers and flurries throughout the holidays. Yikes!
It's not expected to be much better over in Ontario, where residents are slated to experience a "brutally cold Christmas and Boxing Day." Thankfully, moderate temperatures and fair skies will have returned before the year is out.
The weather in the Prairies will get chaotic too, with "gusty winds, widespread rain and snow" in store for the Rockies in early December. The festive period will bring "a blast of Arctic frigidity with -30 to -50 C temps" just days before December 25. However, conditions will improve ahead of Christmas Day, with temperatures "not so frigid for Christmas and Boxing Day festivities."
Hold on tight, British Columbians! The weather report predicts conditions that are "unsettled" ahead of Christmas and Boxing Day, although these days should be "dry" at least. The skies will clear just in time for the year to end.
- Canada's 2021 Winter Forecast Is Here & Half Of The Country Is ... ›
- Winter In Canada Could Come Early With These First Blasts Of ... ›
- Canada's Winter Forecast For 2021/2022 Dropped & It Looks COLD ... ›
- Canada’s Weather Is Going To Get Wild This Week & Some Regions Are In For A ‘Fall Sizzler’ - Narcity ›
- Ontario's Weather Is Going To Get Hella Snowy In Some Parts But It's Not All Bad News - Narcity ›
- Alberta's Weather Is About To Get Seriously Snowy & Some Spots Are In For A Doozy - Narcity ›
- Ontario's Weather Forecast Predicts Up To 30 cm Of Slush This Week Due To A 'Snow Machine' - Narcity ›
- Canada’s Latest Winter Forecast Just Dropped & We’re In For ‘Weather Whiplash’ - Narcity ›