"Grab your fleece and stock up on firewood!" 🥶
Get ready, Canada! The Farmers' Almanac just dropped its long-range weather predictions for the cold season ahead and the country is apparently in for a "frosty flip-flop winter."
According to the forecast, Canadians must be prepared to grab their umbrellas, gloves and fleece, as a "yo-yo type of winter with notable polar coaster swings in temperatures" is coming our way.
Our #FarmersAlmanac winter forecast is out! Are you ready for the ups and downs of a Frosty Flip-Flop Winter? Get y… https://t.co/aJJShKGfOV— The Farmers' Almanac (@The Farmers' Almanac) 1628072151.0
While a near-normal amount of snow is expected, experts say there will be significant month-to-month fluctuations across the country. In January, it will be wet as well as white, as the Farmers' Almanac is calling for storms along the Atlantic Seaboard. This means "many days" of rain, snow, wind and everything in between.
By the end of February, Quebec and Ontario should brace for a "winter whopper," featuring heavy storms and frigid temperatures.
In fact, the Farmers' Almanac says temperatures will reach "well below normal" over Central Canada and "somewhat below normal" in the eastern part of the country.
In February, the Prairies and the Rockies will become particularly cold, with an "unseasonable chill" expected during the month. Brr!
- 16 Canadian Winter Memes That Are So Painfully Relatable - Narcity ›
- Ontario Winter Forecast Will Bring Lots Of Snow Early - Narcity ›
- Winter In Canada Could Come Early With These First Blasts Of Snow - Narcity ›
- Christmas Weather Forecast In Canada Is 'Very Unsettled' - Narcity ›
- The Winter Weather Forecast For The Prairies Has Just Been Revealed - Narcity ›
- Ontario's Fall Forecast Will Be A Stormy & Snowy Mess - Narcity ›
- Fall Forecast For 2021 In Canada Is All Over The Place - Narcity ›
- Fall Weather In Ontario Is Coming Next Week & You Might Want To Unpack Your Sweaters - Narcity ›