Spoiler alert: winter is coming sooner than you'd like.
It's only a matter of time until winter in Canada arrives and the long-range forecast from the Farmers' Almanac reveals when you can expect the first flakes of snow, with some provinces getting an early blast of the season.
For Ontario, the first taste of winter comes at the end of October as stormy weather moves into the Great Lakes region, potentially bringing wet snow with it.
Also at the end of October, storms are forecast to bring wet snow to Quebec, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and P.E.I. Over in Newfoundland, the first blast of winter weather is expected at the beginning of November with wet snow threatening to fall for a few weeks.
For the Prairies and B.C., some snow is possible on or just before Remembrance Day in November.
As for the upcoming winter season as a whole, the Farmers' Almanac is forecasting a "frosty flip-flop" for Canada with times of frequent storms and then quieter periods. Temperatures are expected to be below normal pretty much nationwide.
- Canada's Winter Forecast For 2021/2022 Dropped & It Looks COLD ... ›
- Ontario Winter Forecast Will Bring Lots Of Snow Early - Narcity ›
- Christmas Weather Forecast In Canada Is 'Very Unsettled' - Narcity ›
- Fall Forecast For 2021 In Canada Is All Over The Place - Narcity ›
- There’s Snow In Canada & Of Course It’s Only The First Day Of September - Narcity ›
- The Month-By-Month Fall Forecast For Each Province Is Out & Nobody Will Escape Snow - Narcity ›
- Canada's Fall Forecast Predicts That Winter Is Coming Early For Quite A Few Provinces - Narcity ›
- This Winter In Canada Might Be Even Colder Than Expected Because Of A Weather Phenomenon ›
- Canada's Forecast For October Is Great News For Anyone Who's Not Ready For Winter Yet - Narcity ›
- You Need To Have Winter Tires On Your Car If You're In BC Or You Could Get Fined Over $100 - Narcity ›
- BC's First Winter Storm Dumped Snow Almost Everywhere & It Felt Way Too Soon - Narcity ›
- I'm From A Country With Temperatures Over 45 C & Here's Why Canada's Summer Still Had Me Shook - Narcity ›