This is chaotic even for Canadian weather!
A new fall forecast for 2021 in Canada has been released and it's not going to be sweater weather right off the bat for most parts of the country when the season changes.
La Niña, the abnormal cooling of the surface water of the Pacific Ocean near the equator which can influence the jet stream and its impact on storms in North America, is expected to have an effect on the weather this fall, according to AccuWeather.
A stormier fall is being forecasted, especially for western parts of B.C., with above-normal rainfall. The province's south-central areas could get less rain and more wind.
It's expected to be colder than normal for parts of B.C., Yukon and Alberta and La Niña could bring early snowfalls for coastal mountain regions in B.C. through to the Rockies.
For the Prairies, storms to the north could stop cold and snow from dropping into the southern areas of the region and it's forecasted to be winder and drier than normal.
Fall is expected to be mild for most of eastern Canada with severe thunderstorms from the summer lingering into September. However, blasts of cold air could make their way through Ontario and Quebec later in the season.
In Atlantic Canada, it's likely that there will be above-normal temperatures because of high sea surface temperatures and an active storm track. That combination could also mean tropical storms and hurricanes maintaining their strength as they reach the region.
So, you might want to have your shorts, winter jackets and umbrellas ready!
- Ontario's Fall Forecast Will Be A Stormy & Snowy Mess - Narcity ›
- Canada's Winter Forecast For 2021/2022 Dropped & It Looks COLD ... ›
- Winter In Canada Could Come Early With These First Blasts Of ... ›
- Fall Weather In Ontario Is Coming Next Week & You Might Want To Unpack Your Sweaters - Narcity ›
- Toronto Weather Forecast Was Ambushed By Pup Looking For Treats & It’s Legit Hysterical (VIDEO) - Narcity ›
- The Month-By-Month Fall Forecast For Each Province Is Out & Nobody Will Escape Snow - Narcity ›
- Ontario's Weather Is About To Get Brutal With Severe Thunderstorms & Possible Tornadoes - Narcity ›
- Ontario Storms Are Going To Turn Hectic This Week & Even More Tornadoes Are Possible - Narcity ›
- Ontario's Fall Forecast Just Dropped & It's Going To Get Extremely Snowy & Cold - Narcity ›
- 17 Plus-Size Jackets You Can Get In Canada That Made Me Even More Excited For Cozy Season - Narcity ›