"Somebody got some poor Twitter advice today!"
Alberta Premier Jason Kenney dropped a meme of actor Will Smith appearing to hit the comedian Chris Rock as part of a series of tweets calling for the federal government to scrap the carbon tax.
Twitter users had some thoughts on Kenney's use of the meme to convey his point.
"Somebody got some poor Twitter advice today!" one user replied.
pic.twitter.com/YiTmssiXbn— Jason Kenney \ud83c\uddfa\ud83c\udde6 (@Jason Kenney \ud83c\uddfa\ud83c\udde6) 1648479959
"Had to double-check if this was real Kenney. I'm shocked that a minister would find this amusing," another user said.
"The number of bad decisions that had to be made for this to be created and tweeted by this account is staggering," another added. "Yet here it is."
Kenney also shared a joint letter with Saskatchewan Premier Scott Moe and Manitoba Premier Heather Stefanson calling on Prime Minister Justin Trudeau to temporarily suspend the federal carbon tax due to "skyrocketing energy costs" across Canada.
The premiers talked about the impact of Russia's attack on Ukraine, as well as the pandemic and inflation levels that have "placed considerable financial stress on families and businesses."
"While we all recognize the importance of addressing climate change, the current exigent circumstances [...] mean that now is not the time to be further increasing energy costs for Canadians," the letter reads.
"We are therefore calling on your government to temporarily suspend the federal carbon tax, to provide the relief that Canadians need and deserve."
This article’s cover image was used for illustrative purposes only.
- Alberta Is Dropping Its Fuel Tax & It'll Make Gas Prices 13 Cents A ... ›
- Jason Kenney Is Asking The US To Buy Alberta Oil As It's 'A Shorter ... ›
- Jason Kenney Has Slammed The Feds Over 'Pointless' Travel ... ›
- Someone Tried To Drag A Woman Towards The River In A Calgary Park & It Sounds Terrifying - Narcity ›
- Calgary Police Say Someone Attacked A Woman & Dragged Her Towards The River In A City Park - Narcity ›
- Alberta Could Get A 1000 km/h Train Between Calgary & Edmonton That Only Takes 45 Minute - Narcity ›
- Jason Kenney Took Aim At The 'Laptop Class' In A Fuel Tax Tweet & People Clapped Back - Narcity ›
- The Conservative Interim Leader Tweeted That Gas Costs $167.5 A Litre & Had To Delete It - Narcity ›
- People In Calgary Can Expect Property Tax Bills Soon & Paying Late Could Cost You Even More - Narcity ›