There will also be free concerts!
The Ottawa Ice Dragon Boat Festival returns this winter with competitions and events as part of the annual Winterlude Festival.
The festival takes place from February 4 to 21, 2022, and the dragon boat races will start on February 12 following the traditional musket shot at Dow's Lake.
UPDATE: This event has been officially canceled as of January 12, 2022.
The boats are designed like dragons, from their head to their tails, which have blades at the bottom to glide along the icy track.
Over 1,000 athletes representing teams from Canada and around the world will compete in the races on the Rideau Canal Skateway.
A lineup of all-Canadian musical performers, including Moonfruits and Rory Taillons, will be giving free concerts from February 4 to 21, 2022. They will all happen indoors at the Rainbow Bistro. So if you're looking for something to do that won't break the bank, you won't want to miss them.
When: Registration opens December 15, 2021; Winterlude events begin February 4, 2022
Address: Dow's Lake, 1001 Queen Elizabeth Driveway, Ottawa, ON
Why You Need To Go: You can watch the races and attend free concerts this winter.
In Ontario, a vaccine passport is required to access some events, services and businesses, including restaurants and bars.
Before you get going, check our Responsible Travel Guide so you can be informed, be safe, be smart, and most of all, be respectful on your adventure.
- Ottawa's 'Rink Of Dreams' Is Finally Open & You Can Glide Around A ... ›
- 7 Spas Around Ottawa That Are Even Better Than A Trip To Iceland's ... ›
- This Frozen Bar Near Ottawa Is Made Out Of Blocks Of Ice & Has ... ›
- Ottawa Has A Free Movie Theatre Made Of Snow & It's The Most Canadian Thing Ever - Narcity ›
- 6 Best Sledding Hills Around Ottawa That Will Have You Playing Like A Kid Again - Narcity ›
- Winterlude Is Officially Coming Back To Ottawa But It Will Look Different Than Normal - Narcity ›