This Charming Seaside Town In California Is So Unique & Houses Have Names Instead Of Addresses
This hidden gem is a breath of fresh air.
Carmel-by-the-Sea is a charming seaside town located on California's Monterey Peninsula that is unlike any other small town in the state.
The picturesque beach town is so unique that houses and cottages have names instead of traditional addresses to keep the vibes across town quirky.
Just two hours south of San Francisco, Carmel-by-the-Sea is a popular destination for visitors looking to escape the hustle and bustle of city life and relax on the breathtaking waterfront.
There are plenty of artsy shops, quaint restaurants and coffee shops, and cozy inns, hotels, and cottages where you can spend your days exploring and unwinding. Local art galleries and wine tastings can also pique your interest.
They seriously dont have street addresses here #smalltown #villagelife #cottage #californiahiddengems #bigsurca #sanfranciscotravel #cottageaesthetic
If you prefer to spend the majority of your time outdoors, courtyards, parks, and the pristine shoreline are ideal for experiencing the natural beauty that the state of California has to offer.
Here you can go for leisurely walks or more intense hikes across the landscape to get a breath of fresh air.
This small town is rich in history as well. You can pass your days exploring historical villas and villages overlooking the bay that will make you think you've escaped to a destination in the European countryside.
This place is also full of art and culture that merges in tandem with the gorgeous landscape, making it the perfect destination for your next unforgettable getaway.
Price: Free to visit
Where: Carmel-by-the-Sea, CA
Why You Need To Go: This picture-perfect beach town is full of eccentric cottages, shops, and restaurants and is nestled in an oasis of California's natural beauty.
Before you get going, check out our Responsible Travel Guide so you can be informed, be safe, be smart, and most of all, be respectful on your adventure.
- Nude Beaches In California Where You Don't Have To Worry About ... ›
- This Colorful Beach Town In California Is So Charming & It's Unlike ... ›
- There's A Charming Secret Ghost Town In California & It Looks Just ... ›
- This Giant Lake In California Has Crystal Clear Water & You Can Camp Nestled In The Mountains - Narcity ›
- This Road Trip Map Will Take You Through The Most Charming Small Beach Towns In California - Narcity ›
- This Artsy Small Town In California Is A Hidden Gem With Gorgeous Beaches & Breathtaking Forests - Narcity ›
- This Adorable Town In California Is So Charming & Looks Just Like The Set Of Gilmore Girls - Narcity ›
- There’s A Beachside Taco Bell In California With Gorgeous Ocean Views & Boozy Baja Blasts - Narcity ›